Over the course of Dismantle's development, from the very first prototype to the current version, we’ve iterated and improved on our characters a great deal. These improvements have encompassed almost every aspect of the characters, from size and aesthetics to their base structure...
While making Dismantle, we've experimented with a lot of things that haven't worked out, one of those things was a combat system that allowed for directional attacks and parries.
After a great deal of deliberation and procrastination we've finally selected a title for the project.
Over the past while, we’ve been working on giving players the ability to launch off their arms.
Over the last few weeks we've been implementing a way for players that lose their arms and legs to still have some control over the outcome of a match instead of simply being dead.
Recently we've made a concerted effort to be more aware of community created plugins and tools. We've got some to share
We recently wrapped up work on a new environment, it's not finished per se, but it's at the level we need it to be for now.
This last week we mainly worked on the new melee combat and the new environment.
So an update coming "soon" turned into update nearly two months later.....whoops.
It's been an enlightening experience to see how long we can spend on a feature that seems so simple on the surface.
We put together a small video featuring our new ragdoll being put to the test. Partly to trial stability, mainly for fun.
This is the first post for what we hope to be an active blog following the development of our studio's projects.